This Groningen based scale-up is expanding and therefore looking for an experienced office manager. Do you have experience with assisting management? Are you enthusiastic about keeping an office running? Do you like to work in an international environment and are you ready for the next step in your career at a fast growing scale-up? Then this is the job you are looking for!
About the company
The company provides a platform for finding and booking parking spots near airports. When they started they were offering parking spots at Schiphol. Now, eight years later, they are servicing hundreds of thousands of customers at airports all over the world, such as The Netherlands, Belgium, France, the United States, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Australia, and Germany. Their customers go to their website, compare and then book a parking spot with one of their 1000+ parking partners. The company is expanding, so they are currently looking for an experienced Office Manager.
What will you be doing?
As an office manager you will be part of the HR team and the linking pin within the company. You like to connect people and also make sure the right supplies are in our offices. This means that you will be organizing inventory management both in ordering and refilling. The company is going to move to a bigger (x3) office in Groningen and you will have a key role in making sure the new office will be ready. Together with the architect and construction company you will make it happen. They also recently opened a small new office in Amsterdam. You are the one who keeps the current and new offices running and monitors all needs.
Your main tasks will be:
- Connecting with the right office suppliers
- Creating structure within the office
- Supporting management with operational tasks
- Organizing company and team events
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports
- Reviewing and approving supply requisitions
- Controlling correspondence
- Managing two offices in Groningen and Amsterdam
Who are you?
- You have at least 2 years of work experience within a scale-up size company or bigger
- You have excellent communication skills in English (meaning in speaking and writing)
- Experience with supporting management
- You have strong operational skills
- You want to build a well supplied office and maintain it on an excellent level
- You are a great linking pin within an office
- You have great team build skills
We are looking for a natural self-starter who sees things through from start to finish, and who learns from every mistake. You have the skills to connect to the right office suppliers. You are motivated to keep everything organized and operational tasks are what you like to do.
- A contract for at least 16 up to 24 hours per week.
- Up to 25 vacation days based on a contract for 40 hours.
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- Autonomy and responsibility for how you want to do your job.
- Ownership, if you have an idea on how the company could improve the way they work or how they do things, you will be the one to drive the change and hold your colleagues accountable.
- Personal growth, the company trains you to be a better professional by giving you feedback and autonomy.
- Travel costs reimbursement of your daily commute from your home to our office.
- Working at a fast-growing, award-winning e-commerce company with a proven concept.
- Transparency and scale-up mentality. Every Monday there’s a company stand-up where each team shares what they are doing and what they did last week. The culture can be described as a strong positive and result-driven company culture.
- Team spirit, we think that we can achieve better results if we work closely together. Of course, we celebrate achievements together as well.
- Sharing knowledge and ‘gezelligheid’. They regularly organize internal training about, for example, project management. The activity-committee organizes monthly drinks on Fridays but also trips to Ameland or a German Christmas market.